Call our travel experts on 0333 305 9795 Open today: 9am-5pm Other days
Call our travel experts on
0330 3114 989
Open today: 9am-5pm

Last minute Summer 21 holidays to Greece from just £699pp. Take me there >

Travel advice after Brexit

If you are booked or intending to travel after 1st January 2021, it is important to consider any additional steps which may be required to ensure you are ready for your holiday. We’ve put together some of the frequently asked questions we are being asked in relation to Brexit and the possible affect this may have to your holiday planning.

We recommend everyone with, or intending to make a booking with Mark Warner checks the UK Government’s advice for those travelling to the EU after Brexit. Please click here for more information.

Will my holiday still go ahead?

UK holidaymakers are able to travel to Europe and rest assured your holiday with Mark Warner will proceed as normal in the post-Brexit era. However, there are some extra steps you may need to take to be ready for your holiday.

General advice is available from the UK Government, which you can find here. And please follow the links below for the entry requirements for Mark Warner destinations:

Ski resorts: Austria & France

Summer resorts: Greece, Italy & Turkey

Will I need a visa to travel to Mark Warner destinations?

You won’t need to arrange a visa to any of our destinations for travel from 1st January 2021. All of our destinations within the EU (and Turkey) have agreed that UK citizens may travel visa-free for a short stay (up to 90 days within any 180 day period).

In the future, it may be a requirement that British travellers should make an application for ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System), but this is not currently the case.

Am I able to use my current Passport?

As recommended by the UK government, you should have at least 6-months validity remaining on your passport from the date of your arrival into the EU (and the same for Turkey). We recommend renewing your passport as soon as you can if you have less than 6-months remaining, to ensure you receive it in time for your Mark Warner holiday. The UK Government have published an online tool to help check the validity of your passport which you can find here.

Is my EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) still be valid?

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, the European Health Insurance Card will not be valid from 1st January 2021. Therefore, we recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance with sufficient healthcare cover, including cover for existing medical conditions and any activities you plan to do whilst on holiday.

What will the affect be to my mobile data browsing?


The rules regarding mobile data roaming and associated charges are changing, which means you may be charged when using your phone overseas – whether making calls, sending messages or browsing the internet. Therefore, we recommend you check your mobile phone providers data roaming policy.



Can I drive in the EU after Brexit?

For those travellers who intend to drive in Europe, an International Driving Permit may be required for the areas you plan to drive in and through and you may need more than one depending on where you are visiting. Each permit costs £5.50 and are available from selected Post Office’s.

Currently, Great Britain (GB) driving licence holders are not required to obtain an International Driving Permit if driving in our Ski resorts in Austria and France, nor are they required for those driving in our summer resorts in Greece and Italy. Those looking to drive in Turkey will require an International Driving Permit. For up-to-date information regarding International Driving Permits, please click here.

If you plan on driving your own car in Europe, please contact your car insurance provider to obtain a physical Green Card for your UK car insurance to be valid in the EU. Please note, you may be charged a small administration fee. Additionally you may need a GB sticker for your own car.

Receive offers and news by email


Thank you for signing up to receive our emails.



feefo icon