As well as about as good a guarantee of snow as you can get and a huge variety of terrain for all levels, Tignes is a busy little resort with something for everyone, whether you come alone, as a couple, or with family and friends. Here are our top recommendations for things to do.
• Try the Bun J Ride – a combination of ski-jumping, bungee-jumping and zip-wire. Not for the fainthearted!
• Go ice-diving – a unique experience beneath the frozen surface of the Lac du Tignes, with a specialist school that also trains diving teams embarking on polar expeditions. Choose from day or night-time dives.
• Ice-skate on the natural rink on the lake, open daily and hosting discos on Thursday nights in the school holidays.
• Go ice-driving, ice quad-biking or ice buggy-riding on the Brévières ice circuit.
• Scale a frozen waterfall using crampons and an ice axe, for ages 14 and up.
• Get a unique view of the resort, the slopes and the peaks during a microlight flight.
• Combine snow-shoeing, dog-sledding, an apéritif in an igloo, and dinner in a real Mongolian yurt on a Soirée Inuit expedition with www.outdoor-experiences.fr.
• Take kids aged 8 to 14 for some ‘Eskimo Time’ with Evolution 2 – sampling snowshoeing, air-rifle shooting, igloo-building and astronomy.
• Relax in Le Lagon aquatic centre, with a swimming pool area including a fun pool and 30-metre racer slide, plus a wellbeing zone with hot tubs, saunas and a hammam – all with lovely views of the mountains.
• Keep up your fitness at the Tignespace sports and conference complex with its indoor athletics zone, squash courts and 16m climbing wall.
Read more about Mark Warner ski holidays in Tignes.