With multigenerational holidays on the rise, we look at the benefits of taking the grandparents on a ski holiday, whether or not all members of the family are going to take to the slopes or if some of you just fancy a relaxing holiday in stunning mountain scenery with lashings of fresh air.
• It’s a great way of getting three generations together for some quality time together without parents and grandparents being distracted by cooking or other chores or domestic routines.
• There’s plenty to do on a ski holiday even if you don’t like skiing itself – our chalet-hotel Chalet Hotel L'Ecrin in Tignes has a pool and spa, while our snow-sure resort has lots of facilities and activities, from swimming complexes with wellness facilities to husky sleigh-rides, plus great cafes for just settling into over a mulled wine and enjoying the glorious views.
• Ski holidays are fantastic for those who want to spend family time together but also go off and do their own thing when they feel like it.
• Family ski holidays can be great bonding opportunities for grandparents and grandkids. Grandpa or Grandma might like to take the children out for bowling and a hot chocolate, for instance – with the added bonus that mums or dads can grab some extra ‘us’ time on the slopes or in the spa.
• You have babysitters on hand in addition to Mark Warner’s on-site childcare.
• On the other hand, daytime creches and kids’ clubs and evening childcare mean parents and grandparents can spend time together and properly catch up over dinner or in our cosy bars, as well as just generally get a break.
• It’s blissfully easy to organise! – Mark Warner takes care of everything including flights, transfer and meals.
• Our varied, flexible accommodation includes options to suit all types of family group, including interconnecting rooms that allow everyone to be close together yet have their own space.
See also our blogs on Top Tips for Holidaying with Grandparents and Multigenerational Family Holidays with Mark Warner, and read more about our family ski holidays.