Sales Travel Expert
Reporting to: Sales & Service Manager
This is a permanent position within our Sales Department and you will be responsible for selling holidays from our entire portfolio to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. The role presents an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about travel, has the ability to thrive under pressure and wants to further their career in the travel sector. You will be working in a dynamic department within a well-regarded Tour Operator business, working closely with all in-house departments as well as a variety of travel agents.
- Selling Mark Warner holidays to our entire portfolio of hotels across both our ski & beach resort programme
- Respond quickly and accurately to phone, email & web chat requests from the initial quote to confirmation documentation
- Handling direct sales & travel agent enquiries and bookings, recognising the different needs and maximise all mutual opportunities.
- Pro-actively maximise the commercial opportunity from every sales lead we receive
- Directionally sell (as requested by the commercial and flights teams) to ensure we maximise the loads and occupancy on our committed charter flights and hotels
- Selling ad hoc flights from the Multicom platform
- Taking accurate details at the point of sale to ensure all parties receive on an on-brand experience
- Maintaining strong relationships with external suppliers, travel agents and direct customers
- Be a ‘customer champion’. The role is responsible for putting customers first in the business
- Work strongly alongside our After Sales Team and all internal departments to ensure that all customers receive an on-brand experience
- Assisting other departments on an ad-hoc basis when required
- Supporting Team Leaders and Management on a daily basis
- This job description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar nature of the tourism industry; the job holder may be required to carry out tasks as specified by their Manager(s).
Abilities and skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hard working
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional with a calm demeanour
- Organised, self-starter
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interest or working knowledge of Mark Warner Holidays
- Some ski or water sports knowledge
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank account
- A competitive salary
- Increased annual leave based on length of service
- Auto-enrollment pension scheme
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training
- Discounts on ski equipment
- Social events
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who we are
With over 40 years’ experience, we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All-Inclusive Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 800 staff to work in our overseas resorts and approximately 60 staff within Head Office in the UK. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.