Summer Hotel Manager
About the role
We are actively seeking Hotel Managers with a high level of initiative, great communication skills and strong problem-solving abilities to manage our stunning choice of beach resort hotels in the Mediterranean.
You will be a confident, self-motivated manager with strong leadership skills and a commitment to provide outstanding customer service to all key stakeholders. You will have a wealth of experience from within the hotel, leisure or service industry.
You will manage the day-to-day operation of the Mark Warner elements of the hotel; maintain all Mark Warner standards, ensure the hotel meets health, safety and hygiene standards, achieve budget and maximise profitability whilst ensuring your team deliver exceptional service to our guests. One of the key aspects of the role is managing the relationship between the hotel management team and Mark Warner.
- Assume overall responsibility and ownership for the effective, compliant and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Ensure the hotel meets local health, hygiene and safety standards.
- Implement and maintain all standards & procedures laid out in the management manuals.
- Build strong rapport with the local community and suppliers.
- Establish a good working relationship with the owners and local staff.
- Retain a high profile presence with guests and staff.
- Establish, develop and maintain professional working relationships with all departments.
- Develop your professional reputation within resort and head office in London.
- Dealing with guest complaints and problem-solving.
HR and Recruitment
- Manage and motivate your team to operate their departments within the hotel effectively.
- Devise and implement pre-season and on-going training plans for your team.
- Conduct staff procedures in line with the company policy (e.g. disciplinary, appraisals etc.).
- Devise and manage departmental staff rotas & timesheets in line with local labour laws.
- Ensure correct compliance is followed in line with local labour law, highlighting any concerns to the HR or Operation team.
- Being the first port of contact in the event of an inspection and liaising with Head Office and Operations.
- Plan and implement varied social activities throughout the season (building rapport with local suppliers where necessary).
- Create ways to integrate the MW staff with the local community.
- Develop staff reward and recognition schemes within resort with the assistance of head office.
- Carry out staff accommodation and food checks, to ensure compliancy of health and safety/and provide suggestions for improvement where necessary.
- Monitor and control all in-resort budgets, costs and monies.
- Proactively increase Mark Warner in resort revenue where possible.
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting.
Abilities and Skills
- Present a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Positive work ethic.
- A passionate leader who leads by example.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Calm, confident and professional.
- Organised, flexible and proactive to achieve and improve standards.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Manage guest and staff conflict head on to avoid matters escalating.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Preferable French Language skills.
- Preferable driving licence.
- At least 2 years’ management experience within the service industry.
- Previous overseas seasonal experience in a management role.
- Excellent management and numerical skills.
- UK/EU Passport holder.
- UK National Insurance Number.
- UK bank account.
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK.
- Medical insurance.
- Comfortable accommodation.
- All meals.
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort).
- Use of some hotel sports equipment and facilities including tuition.
- Smart uniform.
- Holiday concessions for friends and family.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive training.
- Opportunity to work year-round.
- Management development.