We are seeking a Hotel Manager to manage one of our superb Chalet Hotels, the Chalet Hotel Le Val d’Isère.
We offer these exceptional opportunities to confident, self-motivated managers with strong leadership skills and a commitment to provide outstanding customer service. You’ll have a wealth of experience from within the hotel, leisure or service industry to transfer to this new challenge.
You will manage the day-to-day running and operation of one of our hotels; maintain all Mark Warner standards, ensure the hotel meets health, safety and hygiene standards, achieve budget and maximise profitability whilst ensuring your team deliver first-class service to our guests.
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a high level of initiative and strong problem solving abilities. Mark Warner offers a rewarding adventure and some fantastic opportunities; successful candidates can benefit from on-going support and training, career progression with the prospect to work year-round in one of our Mediterranean beach resorts during the summer months. Our winter programme operates from December through to April.
- Assume overall responsibility and ownership for the effective, compliant and profitable running of the hotel
- Ensure the hotel meets local health, hygiene and safety standards
- Implement and maintain all standards & procedures laid out in the management manuals
- Retain a high profile presence with guests and staff
- Establish, develop and maintain professional working relationships with all department managers, local staff and external companies
- Develop your professional reputation within resort
- Manage and motivate your team to operate the hotel effectively
- Devise and implement pre-season and on-going training plans for your team
- Conduct staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievance matters
- Monitor and control all hotel budgets, costs and monies
- Proactively increase hotel revenue
- Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting
Abilities and skills
- Present a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Dynamic personality with exceptional stamina
- A passionate leader by example
- Ability to manage staff
- Calm, confident and professional
- Organised, flexible and proactive to achieve and improve standards
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Manage guest and staff conflict head on to avoid matters escalating
- At least 2 years’ management experience within the service industry
- Previous overseas seasonal experience in a supervisory role or a good understanding of the ski industry
- Excellent management and numerical skills
Package and benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- All meals included
- Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
- Comfortable accommodation
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
- Management development
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach
locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or
couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With over 40 years’ experience, we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent
travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have
recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All
Inclusive Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.