Head of Cycling
Locations: All resorts
- Responsibility for all cycling operations in resort.
- Reporting directly to the resort Operations Manager or Customer Services Manager.
- Ensuring that the product delivery is in concurrence with the company Standard Operating Procedures.
General safety management
- Closely following all safety procedures as written in the company SOP’s and ensuring that all cycling staff are also following these guidelines.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the entire fleet of bicycles (inclusive of any staff bicycles from previous seasons).
- The completing of maintenance check sheets a minimum of once a week.
- Dynamically assessing risk on a daily basis to ensure a safe operation.
- Completion of season opening generic risk assessments and monthly amendments in cooperation with the Operations Manager or Customer Service Manager.
- Adhering to and enforcing the company helmet policy (guests and staff).
- Providing a varied schedule of both road cycling and mountain biking that caters for all abilities and provides as many guests as possible with the opportunity to involve themselves in the cycling programme.
- Organising a weekly rota that ensures that the bike shed is staffed during operating hours.
- Weekly liaison with all cycling staff to ensure that all are in agreement with the following week’s rota.
- Adapting the programme where necessary for guests that suffer as a result of a clash with another sports activity.
- Ensuring that all signage around the resort (reception, notice boards and bike shed are all displaying the identical information).
- Monitoring weather forecasts to pre-empt the arrival of bad weather with an amended programme. Ensuring that any such changes are also covered on the shed rota.
- Maintaining a positive approach in light of bad weather, rescheduling tours or suggesting alternatives to ensure that guests are not left disappointed.
- Informing the resort Manager of any changes to the programme.
- Ensuring that all cycling coordinators have completed induction training and have signed off the accompanying document.
- Monitoring standards to ensure that all guided tour and private use/rental guidelines are being adhered to.
- Maximising the abilities of all Cycling staff by providing an extensive weekly programme.
- Checking that all tour guides are carrying the correct safety equipment on them as dictated by the company SOP’s.
- Providing an opportunity for Mark Warner staff from other departments to involve themselves in cycling with the provision of a weekly staff session (morning or evening).
- Training and developing other members of the cycling team in maintenance tasks.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal appearance at all times, ensuring that uniform is clean and pressed. Doing the same for cycling staff and ensuring that faces are clean shaven or beards are trimmed.
- Maintaining a ‘clean and tidy’ front of house area.
- Keeping a tidy and ordered maintenance shed, familiarising oneself with stock of spare parts and tools to minimise local expenditure on unnecessary items.
- Completion of regular stock takes.
- Emptying of bins in and around the bike shed on a daily basis, clearing any old tea and coffee mugs away. Ensuring a pleasant working environment.
- Completion of weekly reports and handing over to the Operations or Customer Services Manager, every Friday.*
- Completion of Accident Report Forms and handing over to the Resort Manager, as soon as possible after an accident has occurred.
- Ensuring that all staff are logging any maintenance issues in the maintenance book.
- Ensuring that all staff are logging any near misses in the ‘Near Miss’ book.
- Ensuring that all vouchers are completed correctly.
- Regular liaison with the resort accountant to ensure that guest purchases (bottles or rental) are processed before their departure date (Wednesday or Saturday*).
- Regular liaison with the Operations or Customer Services Manager in regard to the seasonal financial target and implementing strategy to reach that goal.
In addition to the regular maintenance of the fleet of bicycles:
- Ensuring that regular visual inspections of helmets are carried out.
- Secure storage of all tools. Notably hose pipes, connections and jet washer.
- Taking care of all company assets and prolonging their lifespan.
Responsibility for the security of all bicycles and equipment through:
- Ensuring that all are locked at the end of day.
- Keys to locks are stored behind reception with the cash tin each night.
- Ensuring that guests taking bicycles for private use are provided with locks and keys.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.