Destinations: France and Austrian ski resorts
An opportunity like no other; to live, work and play in the mountains this winter! We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic and passionate staff to join the team.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager you’ll be responsible for the management, financial control and food hygiene practices within your kitchen. Becoming a Head Chef at Mark Warner is an excellent opportunity to manage your own kitchen and further develop your professional skills in a fun and adventurous surrounding.
- Overall responsibility of the daily running of the kitchen
- Ensure high culinary standards and presentation of foods at all times for guests and staff
- Manage food purchasing and storage
- Working towards strict budgets whilst still maintaining high standards
- Stock control and management
- Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen and ensuring HACCP records are maintained at all times
- Develop and create new recipes and menus
- Liaise and negotiate with local suppliers
- Train, monitor, manage and motivate your team to encourage their best performance
- Develop a good relationship with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Manager and provide support to all departments as a member of the Heads of Department Team
- Health & Safety Food Hygiene certificates
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a head chef position
- Experience managing a brigade of at least 5 staff
- Experience implementing HACCP procedures
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
You will be provided with a competitive salary and benefits package including all meals, discounted drinks, use of hotel facilities, friends and family holiday concessions and opportunities for progression and development. As the season offers ample opportunity for time on the slopes Mark Warner will also assist you with organising everything that’s needed for a successful season in the mountains.
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you are looking for a short-term challenge or long-term career development, Mark Warner supports whatever path you choose.