This charming resort remains one of the best-loved French skiing destinations among a wide range of mountain-lovers, from families to fashionistas and night owls. Here are our favourite things to do there:
• Ski! The terrain is superb and includes something for everyone. And it’s not all about the downhill – why not branch out and try Nordic/cross-country skiing, handiski (sit-skiing) or snow kiting? Alternatively, enjoy a spot of snowshoe walking.
• Book a helicopter tour to get the very best mountain views – and, if you’re an advanced skier, perhaps even get dropped off for some mindblowing off-piste…
• Take a biathlon course combining cross-country skiing and rifle-shooting, run by various local adventure companies.
• Drive a husky-drawn sledge or take a snowmobile tour of the spectacular landscape.
• Climb a frozen waterfall or go indoor climbing
• Try ice-karting or ice-driving.
• Go sledging or sample linked sledging (known as Snake Gliss).
• Skate on the natural rink in the heart of the resort.
• Have a go at winter paragliding.
• Shop – whether for ski and snowboarding gear, high fashion or mountain produce, Val d’Isère has some brilliant outlets.
Read more about ski holidays in Val d’Isère.