Everything about our charming chalet hotel in the heart of the village of Tignes Le Lac is perfect, from the modern-rustic decor to the location just a few steps from the ski-school meeting point and main gondola. Here’s all you need to know about one of our loveliest properties.
• Extensively renovated ahead of the 2013/2014 season, the hotel now features an indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna and treatment space using Elemis products to soothe those piste-weary muscles.
• The 55 stylish and cosy rooms include twins and doubles, some interconnecting, plus spacious family suites. All have flat-screen TVs, and some have their own balconies with lake and glacier views.
• The welcoming restaurant looking across to the mountains serves full English and continental breakfast, afternoon tea and a three-course dinner with complimentary wine.
• There’s also a convivial bar and lounge, plus a terrace where guests love soaking up some afternoon sunshine.
• The crèche and kids’ club is supervised by our fully qualified British nannies and – as well as daytime childcare and ski-school drop-off and pick-up – includes an evening movie. A children’s high tea is also available.
• Amenities include free Wi-Fi and a heated ski and boot room.
• Christmas at the Aiguille Percée is a jolly affair. In the hotel itself, expect a Christmas day breakfast of Bucks Fizz and smoked salmon, a multi-course gourmet dinner, a visit from Santa, and seasonal kids’ activities. Meanwhile the resort as a whole sparkles with festive cheer – highlights include Christmas markets, carol-singing, street parades and live music. And don’t forget that the ski lifts are open on Christmas Day!
• There’s plenty to do within just a few minutes of the hotel, from ice-diving to igloo-building. See our blog Top 10 Things to Do in Tignes.
But it’s not all about what we think – read some of the comments by our happy guests:
• “A thoroughly enjoyable experience; great room with spectacular views.”
• “Probably the best overall Chalethotel we have stayed at during 25 years of going to the Alps.”
• “Nicely refurbished chalet hotel, great location, fantastic food and lovely new spa.”
• “It just ‘worked’. We brought friends this year and they loved it too. Kids and parents both had a great time. Hotel staff were very helpful. Ski school was very convenient to hotel.”
• “A really nice mix of the informality of a chalet where people would socialise and say ‘hi’, and a hotel where you could get your own space […] I would go back there in a heart beat!”
• “Can’t wait to come back soon.”
Read more about ski holidays at the Chalet hotel Aiguille Percée.