Our charming Savoyard-style chalet hotel in Tignes Val Claret above Tignes Le Lac is ideally situated for discovering the 440km of pistes in the Espace Killy ski area. Here’s all you need to know about one of our most stylish properties.
• Tignes is a snow-sure resort with something for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, from beginners to powder fiends.
• L’Ecrin is only a 100m walk from the five main lifts in Tignes Val Claret.
• The hotel couldn’t be a cosier place to warm up after your time on the slopes, with wood-panelling, carved wooden furnishings and a lounge with squishy sofas around an open fire.
• The 52 rooms embrace doubles, twins, family and interconnecting options, many with balconies for admiring the views and all with mini-fridges.
• The lively restaurant includes small and large group tables for those wishing to socialise.
• Your holiday price includes full English or Continental breakfast to set you up for the day, afternoon tea with home-made cakes and soup, and a three-course evening dinner with wine. There’s also a daily children’s high tea.
• The hotel has a lovely spa where you’ll find treatment rooms, a swimming pool, a sauna, a Jacuzzi and a hammam.
• There’s a fun, colourful crèche, brilliant activities for older kids (most of them outdoors), and an evening-listening service.
• Mark Warner works closely with the ski schools Evolution 2 and Les Marmottons, who offer tuition for ages four and up (our childcare includes a drop-off and pick-up service).
• Both lift passes and ski hire can be pre-booked via Mark Warner.
But it’s not all about what we think – read some of the comments by our happy guests:
• “As a vintage skier, I have been skiing with family parties for many years in Europe and Canada and this is one of the best places we have stayed.”
• “We travelled as a couple who in previous years had stayed in a very nice hotel in Austria, and who had never been on a Mark Warner – why have I waited so long? I think the most significant difference was the staff and the attention to detail in every aspect of our stay.”
• “Lovely hotel, made us feel well cared for and looked after… Nothing too much. Great location, excellent facilities, food just what we needed […] Childcare was brilliant, staff obviously enjoyed their work and children loved being in the kids’ club.”
• “One week of heaven, great ski holiday.”
• “At last! After years of paying thousands of pounds on a family ski holiday and turning up and being disappointed with the hotel’s value for money, Mark Warner’s Chalet L’Ecrin is definitely a winner.”
Read more about Tignes ski holidays at the Chalet hotel Aiguille Percée.