Winter is edging closer and here at Mark Warner we’re counting down the days until the start of the season. Here’s 10 reasons why we can’t wait to get out in the snow as soon as the season begins.
1. Queues, what queues?
There’s nothing better than getting to your favourite lift and sliding straight through the barriers, without queuing and getting caught in other skiers’ skis. Quieter resorts mean you can make the most of your week away.
2. Did somebody say powder stash? If Mother Nature blesses us with a massive dump of snow, you’ll be sure to get fresh tracks somewhere on the mountain. That powder stash you remember from last year is likely to be all yours. At least for a few runs!
3. Happy hour? Yes please! Bars often have great early season après deals. The special offers will tempt you in, and there will be some great opening parties on the mountain and in resort.
4. Quiet runs are a great confidence boost. You don’t have to worry about other people getting in the way, meaning beginners can perfect their snow plough and the more experienced can cruise the runs they love. Over and over again.
5. The end (of the lift) is nigh. Even for the most experienced skiers, getting off the lift often doesn’t go as smoothly as it should. We’ve all been there, thinking about a vin chaud, when suddenly you’re approaching the ramp with you pole caught under your leg. With less people bustling round; the lifties can help you stay on your feet.
6. There’s a distinctive feel of anticipation for the season ahead in resort. All the staff, whether newbies or returning seasonaires are stoked to be #livingthedream. You are sure to be caught up in the excitement of being among the first on the snow.
7. Rental equipment is brand new. You’ll be the first to clip into those skis, and the first to step into those boots. Comfortable, easy and stylish, because that’s what skiing is about.
8. Have a guaranteed white Christmas. Spending the festive period skiing is unlike anything else. The resorts turn into a winter wonderland and our hotels go to town making this time special for guests. Father Christmas loves visiting every year!
9. See in the New Year in Style. What better way to welcome in 2017 than in The Alps. Tignes hosts a famous New Year’s Eve party, plus the hotels will have special gala dinners to help you celebrate in style.
10. It’s great value. Head out early in the season for the best ski deals, plus with £100 off per person on all our December and early January dates it’s the perfect winter holiday. This also means there’s plenty of time to head out again. Going on your first ski trip in December means that you have plenty of time to go back out later in the season.