Lively, long-standing Les Deux Alpes is one of Mark Warner’s favourite resorts – whether you come as a single, a couple, friends or a family you’re guaranteed to have a fantastic time. Here’s why:
One of the oldest ski resorts in France, family-friendly Les Deux Alpes has an excellent snow record, plenty of sunshine and more than 200km of pistes and areas for all levels of skier and snowboarder. Guests at Mark Warner’s lovely Chalet-hotel Bérangere benefit from a piste-side location, mountain views from its large sunny terrace and balconied rooms, famously good childcare, a heated indoor pool, sauna and steam room, treatment rooms and a cosy log fire.
In the resort itself, there’s so much to do, you won’t know where to start, including ice skating, winter hiking and visiting ice caves. See our our blog on the top things to do with kids with Les Deux Alpes for the highlights; there are also four free T-bars in the village and a kid’s freestyle area.
For all ages, there’s a fantastic choice of restaurants and bars, while the resorts hosts a huge variety of exciting events, making sure that all visitors stay well entertained when it comes to après-ski. The following are our top picks.
• Guided walks of the tradition Alpine village of Venos.
• Introduction to snowboarding.
• Traditional local market in the nearby village of Mont de Lans.
• Ecureuil d’Or, Under-16s French Ski Championships.
• Night Snow Trail, an after-dark running race.
• Haribo Family Show, family fun on the Piste des Lutins.
• Speed Riding French Championships.
• Volcom Peanut Butter and Rail Jam, a freestyle competition for kids and teens.
• Snow Fest Romanian snow festival – ski/snowboard competitions and parties.
• Snowzone, a German party with DJs, parties and winter sports.
• Junior Foliz, children’s/family week with entertainment and activities.