Why I Love Rhodes
Name: Sue Thomas
Position: Resort Manager
Which resort and country do you work in?
Levante Beach Hotel, Island of Rhodes, Greece.
How long have you been working with Mark Warner?
Over 20 years, I started in 1986 in Skiathos, Greece, had a break in 2009 and I am now back again and very excited.
What’s your favourite thing about your resort?
It’s a new resort for Mark Warner, and me, so I’m really looking forward to finding out what my favourite thing is about this resort. I imagine that it will be the turquoise sea and sandy beach or possibly the 4 swimming pools!
What are your top 3 favourite things about working with Mark Warner?
1. The other people I work with in head office and in resort and the long term friendships that form. I really do feel like I am part of a large family.
2. The guests, especially those one gets to know well over the years.
3. The opportunities to do watersports in the summer and ski in the winter.
What are your top 3 favourite things about working in the country that you do?
1. The weather (mostly warm and sunny).
2. The people. I also speak the language which helps to really get to know them.
3. The food and the whole eating experience. Especially all the mezes on the table, the octopus, calamari, horta etc. and the way everyone just shares everything from the middle of the table.
When you’re not working, what do you do to keep entertained?
Try to be on or by the water. On boats, sailing, waterskiing, swimming.
What’s your favourite food from the area in which you work?
It’s very difficult to choose one type of food, but I will say the local fish soup (or the grilled octopus).
What’s your favourite local activity?
A taverna on the beach with friends, eating seafood and drinking cold white wine or travelling around the island visiting the beautiful remote places off the beaten track.
If you had one tip for anyone visiting your resort, what would it be?
Enjoy the facilities whether it be an activity on the water, playing tennis, sitting by the pool with a good book or a relaxing massage in the spa. Just enjoy and make the most of all the activities and pleasures on offer. Get out and about to see the local places and meet the local people.