Why I Love Kos
Name: Jono Kelly
Position: Resort Manager
Which resort and country do you work in?
Lakitira & Helona (Kos), Greece.
How long have you been working with Mark Warner?
What’s your favourite thing about your resort?
Lakitira is in a fantastic location, which sees lots of sunshine and great wind for watersports enthusiasts. The hotels also have excellent modern facilities.
What are your top 3 favourite things about working with Mark Warner?
1. Meeting new and different people (both staff, locals and guests).
2. Each day presents a different challenge. Very rarely are two days the same – it’s definitely never dull!
3. With all the activities on offer and the beautiful surroundings, it’s always a fun and enjoyable environment to work in.
What are your top 3 favourite things about working in the country that you do?
1. The weather – Kos is known as the sunshine island as its pretty much sunshine from the moment the guests arrive in May until they leave in November.
2. The beaches are absolutely fantastic, with beautiful clean waters.
3. There are also the perfect wind conditions for watersports.
When you’re not working, what do you do to keep entertained?
I really love to join in with the activities available in resort – there’s so much to do! I also love to try out the local restaurants and bars and enjoying the great local food. The island has numerous beautiful beaches, as well as fun water-parks.
What’s your favourite food from the area in which you work?
I love the Greek dishes Saganaki and Tzakiki. Fresh fish is always available and is absolutely fantastic. The local fruits and vegetables in season are also very tasty.
What’s your favourite local activity?
There are many boat trips to see the other islands and Turkey.
If you had one tip for anyone visiting your resort, what would it be?
Come for two weeks rather than one as there is so much to do.
If you had one tip for anyone visiting the country you work in, what would it be?
See some of the island – you can hire a car and see so much in one day. It’s a small island with so many attractions, it really is a must.