About the role
We are actively seeking an Operations Manager to come and work in one of our Mediterranean beach front resorts.
Reporting to the Resort Manager you will successfully ensure that the hotel is run efficiently and effectively. As an Operations Manager you will also ensure that all other Department Managers within your resort maximise the profitability of their departments whilst maintaining an excellent standard of service.
- Assume overall responsibility and ownership for the effective, compliant and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Devise and implement pre-season and on-going training programs for your staff
- Conduct staff performance reviews
- Carry out staff disciplinary procedures in accordance with company standards
- Carry out monthly departmental review with those managers under direction to review performance and progress towards targets.
- Retain a high profile presence with guests, making speeches and following up with their requests
- Set, communicate and monitor customer service levels within the resort. Review standards on a regular basis and ensure exceptional service is being offered
- Manage the ordering, delivery, storage and stock control systems within the hotel
- Ensure menu plans and costings have been completed and are maintained throughout the season
- Working with the management team to plan organise and execute special events to ensure the hotel is offering a full programme of events
- Conduct duty manager shifts
- Monitor financial performance of relevant departments
- Deputising for the Manager in their absence
- Produce reports as required for Head Office
Abilities and Skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and confidently
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional with a calm friendly demeanour
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Capable of building solid relationships
- Ability to identify issues, suggest practical/commercial solutions and enact change
- Past experience within a similar role/function or demonstrable experience working within the leisure and hospitality industry
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Previous examples of multi-departmental team management
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK.
- Medical insurance.
- Comfortable accommodation.
- All meals.
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort).
- Use of some hotel sports equipment and facilities including tuition.
- Smart uniform.
- Holiday concessions for friends and family.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive training.
- Opportunity to work year-round.
- Management development.
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends. With 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All Inclusive Operator and to win silver for Best Ski Operator’.